It didn’t take long for former Oregon quarterback Tyler Shough to find a new home. The redshirt sophomore announced Monday on his Twitter account that he would be transferring to Texas Tech, just 10 days after he entered the transfer portal. After leaving Oregon in three years with two degrees, Shough will be immediately eligible with three years remaining.
During this past COVID-shortened season, Shough started all seven games and threw for more than 1,500 yards and 13 touchdowns to seven interceptions while adding another two scores on the ground. By late in the year, though, Shough was splitting time with Boston College transfer Anthony Brown, who played a significant role in the Ducks’ Fiesta Bowl loss to Iowa State. Brown has opted to return to Oregon for the 2021 season, taking advantage of the NCAA grating athletes a free year of eligibility due to the pandemic.
Shough, meanwhile, steps into an open quarterback competition at Texas Tech this offseason. Alan Bowman, an off-and-on starter for the last three years, transferred out of the program in January. Henry Colombi, who started during the midseason stretch of last year, will likely get the first crack at first-team reps.
The Red Raiders took a pretty significant and noticeable step back in the passing game in 2020 for various reasons, so Shough should have as just a good a chance as anyone in the quarterback room to start in 2021.
Website of source
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com