Updated at 10:27 a.m.
Delta has now resolved the “brief technology disruption” that delayed several flights out of Reagan National Airport and caused long check-in lines Tuesday morning, according to a company representative.
Delta spokesman Drake Castañeda said “there may be some brief, residual delays as a result.”
Original story posted at 7:06 a.m.
Some flights out of Reagan National Airport are delayed and customers face long lines at check-in after Delta suffered “Internet connectivity issues” Tuesday morning, according to the airline’s Twitter account.
Delta’s “first flights out this morning” have been delayed by between 10 and 40 minutes, the airline said in a tweet. The Internet connectivity problems have also forced the airport to “manually check in people,” significantly slowing the process, according to another tweet posted by the Delta account.
Micah Lillard, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, said about 10 flights have been delayed. He said the connectivity issues were “internal and confined to Delta” and that no other airlines were affected.
Lillard said Delta is working to get its systems back up and running and should be able to do so soon, if it hasn’t already.
As they waited for their planes, some customers took to social media to express displeasure with the delays.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’