A new Pokemon will debut in the series’ next 3DS installments, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Today, the Pokemon Company revealed that players will be able to acquire a new form of the wolf Pokemon, Lycanroc, in the upcoming games.
Dusk Form Lycanroc, as this new form is dubbed, will only be obtainable in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. It’s the third possible variation of the wolf Pokemon. Previously, the form you could obtain depended upon which version of the game you were playing. In Pokemon Sun, Rockruff would evolve into Midday Form Lycanroc; in Pokemon Moon, the puppy Pokemon would change into Lycanroc’s Midnight Form (the latter of which was distributed at GameStop stores earlier this year).
According to the Pokemon Company, “[t]he colors of Dusk Form Lycanroc’s body and eyes differ from those of previously discovered Lycanroc, Midday Form and Midnight Form.” However, the Pokemon website says the new Lycanroc can’t be obtained “by ordinary methods, such as discovering the mysterious Pokémon in the wild.”
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are scheduled to release on November 17. Like Sun and Moon, the pair are set in the tropical Alola region but tell an “alternate story” and feature some Pokemon that didn’t appear in the previous titles. Later this month, Pokemon Sun and Moon players will be able to receive a free Salazzle from select GameStop stores in the US.
- The best thermometer for cold and flu
- The best 55-inch TV for 2020: LG, TCL and more compared
- The best phones for 2020
- The best gas grills for 2020
- SpaceX, NASA make history by successfully launching two astronauts to ISS
- Best electric toothbrush for 2020: Quip, Colgate, Sonicare and more compared
- The best chest strap heart-rate monitors, as rated by Amazon reviews
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Could iPhone SE’s one camera beat the Galaxy A51’s four? Here’s how they compare