There were notably some empty seats at President Donald Trump’s Thursday night campaign rally in New Hampshire, and now Twitter users are ridiculing the president over his failure to sell out even relatively small venues.
Twitter user Tony Posnanski got the ball rolling on Friday afternoon when he posted a video of Trump talking with several empty seats behind him.
“Trump keeps saying his rallies are full, but doesn’t look like it,” Posnanski wrote. “Wow, I would hate for #EmptySeatMAGATour to trend so people knew the truth.”
Trump keeps saying his rallies are full, but doesn’t look like it.
Wow, I would hate for #EmptySeatMAGATour to trend so people knew the truth.
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) August 16, 2019
The hashtag soon began trending and was filled with users adding their own jokes about the president’s less-than-capacity crowd sizes. Check out some of the best responses below.
— PrinceReebus (@princereebus) August 16, 2019
I registered for tickets to this rally, and oops(!), I forgot that I don’t even live in the same state, omg so silly! I missed it! I sure hope others don’t make the same mistake at future rallies. It would be horrible if no one showed up! it would be SO SAD!!!#EmptySeatMAGATour pic.twitter.com/hMRfi4xk3P
— Sheetsy (@halcyon_youth) August 16, 2019
— Sand Piper ???? (@realsandpiper) August 16, 2019
Nobody wants to watch re-runs of a boring, racist reality tv show anymore. #EmptySeatMAGATour
— Grant Stern (@grantstern) August 16, 2019
— ???? 990-6907XB71 ???? (@kinoptika) August 16, 2019
— Charlie For Change ❄????✊???????????? ????♻️????????????????⚛️ (@CharlieInUtah) August 16, 2019
Elton John would have filled those seats. #EmptySeatMAGATour
— No tomatoes please (@rlhancock) August 16, 2019
— durrati (@durrati) August 16, 2019
Trump’s #EmptySeatMAGATour kinda looking like a Nickleback Concert ???????????? EMPTY AF
— Ramona trulson (@TheReal_Trulson) August 16, 2019
I have tremendous empty seats, believe me. #EmptySeatMAGATour
— Brian Horn (@bhorny67_gooner) August 16, 2019
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing