Just what the plague doctor ordered
Some games aren’t afraid to chew you up and spit you back out. Darkest Dungeon, a turn-based roguelike RPG in which psychological stresses and all manner of status afflictions can bring down an otherwise promising party of adventurers, is one such experience. Red Hook Studios debuted the game in 2016 and never really seemed to stop, whipping up DLC releases and ports on a regular basis.
The team is now teasing a full sequel, Darkest Dungeon 2. We’re in for a world of hurt.
Speaking to PC Gamer, Red Hook promised a “completely different metagame structure” for Darkest Dungeon 2 along with a “tune-up” for combat and an Early Access launch to kick things off.
The sequel will also give players “a glimpse of the supernatural apocalypse twisting and distorting the world beyond the estate… and that’s all we’re going to say about that for now.”
“Above all, we are committed to crafting Darkest Dungeon 2 to be its own experience; it will have its own creative and thematic identity,” said the team. It’ll be a tough balance catering to all-new players and existing fans who have spent dozens if not hundreds of hours mastering the original, but Red Hook has no shortage of feedback to work from and Early Access can help them hash out the finer details.
Darkest Dungeon II is coming: exclusive first details [PC Gamer]
You are logged out. Login | Sign up
- [LLODO] Albany police station attacked by anti-police rioters throwing bottles at officers
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] New York county top cop Geraldine Hart, first woman to lead the department, to step down
- [LLODO] Rams’ Aaron Donald ‘attacked’ and ‘punched’ man, broke his nose, lawyer says
- [LLODO] Killing a cat in a hit-and-run soon could become illegal in New Hampshire
- [LLODO] Fired Buffalo police officer who stopped fellow cop’s chokehold on Black suspect wins pension
- [LLODO] Missing Florida girl, 11, found at home of 22-year-old ‘boyfriend’; suspect facing child sex abuse charges
- [LLODO] Louisiana Coast Guard search: Crews yet to locate 12 missing after vessel capsizes as families hold out hope