A company called SatelliteInternet.com is giving away $1,000 and a trip for two to Joshua Tree National Park but only to those who agree to disconnect from their tech devices for the weekend.
Studies show that Americans spend upwards of 11 hours per day digitally connected. The folks at SatelliteInternet.com don’t think that leaves much time for “actual living.”
The prize includes a free three day stay in a retro Airbnb in Joshua Tree complete with star-gazing hammocks, poll, and hot tub.
A lucky winner will also receive $1,000 in cash and a stipend of up to $1,000 for travel and food expenses.
Think you could use a digital detox? Submit your application here.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing