The new 2019 Toyota Supra is coming in hot, and Toyota reminded us of this when it released today a short video of the car’s inline-six engine growling. The noise from that new Supra motor got one reader thinking about about the engine that made the Supra name so legendary: the 2JZ-GTE.
I’ll let commenter Eddie Brannan take it from here:
DopamineFiend’s prediction is right. The 2JZ crowd is quick, and should have that twin-turbo, iron block, closed deck inline-six bolted into that engine bay in no time. Or at least I hope they will, because that’d be awesome.
For your fine comments, Eddie Branan and DopamineFiend, enjoy this video honoring the 2JZ:
- [LLODO] Lawyer for ‘QAnon Shaman’ argues for his client’s release, compares him to Forrest Gump
- [LLODO] NYC judge overturns convictions for 3 men in 1996 murder of off-duty cop, business owner
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls for investigation into Baltimore HS failing students, others call for shutdown
- [LLODO] Air Force veteran, Persian Gulf War POW Dale Storr speaks out on 30th anniversary of release
- [LLODO] How much do Baltimore taxpayers spend per student?
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s inner circle: What to know about embattled NY governor’s senior administration
- [LLODO] New former Cuomo aides accused Dem of sexual misconduct, reportedly inviting one to ‘dimly lit hotel room’
- [LLODO] Cuomo staffers ‘fearful to speak’ because of Dem’s ‘rage & vindictiveness,’ WaPo reporter claims