This past April, Cloudflare and APNIC released a new 184.108.40.206 public DNS resolver service whose goal was not only to make looking up Internet addresses faster, but also make them more private. Today, Cloudflare has released a 220.127.116.11 app for Android and iOS to easily bring these same features to your mobile devices.
Cloudflare’s 18.104.22.168 DNS service takes advantage of their extensive network infrastructure to perform domain name lookups extremely fast by connecting users to servers that are geographically closer to them. Even better, their service is geared towards privacy by not logging any IP addresses to disk and wiping all transaction logs within 24 hours.
While mobile devices could have already used the 22.214.171.124 service by switching the DNS servers manually, by utilizing this app users can enable the service by simply toggling it on in the app. Doing so will generate a VPN profile, which will automatically reroute the DNS traffic through the app so that it utilizes the 126.96.36.199 DNS servers.
One concern that users have been commenting on is that the Android app requires permission to record audio from a phone’s microphone and has access to the photos and USB storage. According to Cloudflare, this permission is required for and only used when generating bug reports.
The 188.8.131.52 mobile app is available now for Android and iOS. If you try it, let us know what you think.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’