Some Cheboygan County homes will soon have high speed internet.
Cherry Capital Communications broke ground on the project Friday.
They plan to bring fiber internet access to 70 homes in Cheboygan County.
They also plan to expand their network to more rural areas in Michigan.
Representative Jack Bergman attended Friday’s presentation to learn more about fiber internet.
Leaders of this project say they are excited to get started.
“The reaction that we’ve been getting, everybody’s very excited about having a cost-effective, reliable secure internet connection. It’s something that’s really been lacking in these areas. Having Representative Jack Bergman here, it’s nice to be able to show somebody on the federal level what we’re doing on a local level,” said COO of Cherry Capital Communications, Justin Maylone.
Cherry Capital Communications says fiber internet is a cheaper and faster way to access the internet for people living in rural areas.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Trump’s social media executive order faces lawsuit
- No, the 4 Series’ huge grille won’t proliferate across BMW’s lineup
- 2021 BMW 4 Series revealed with controversial grille, mild-hybrid tech
- Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition turns back time
- Blackout Tuesday: Protest against George Floyd’s death spreads far beyond music
- These cars need engine rebuilds most often
- Facebook feature lets you archive or trash old, embarassing posts
- More tech giants pledge funds, voice to fight racial injustice