Some Cheboygan County homes will soon have high speed internet.
Cherry Capital Communications broke ground on the project Friday.
They plan to bring fiber internet access to 70 homes in Cheboygan County.
They also plan to expand their network to more rural areas in Michigan.
Representative Jack Bergman attended Friday’s presentation to learn more about fiber internet.
Leaders of this project say they are excited to get started.
“The reaction that we’ve been getting, everybody’s very excited about having a cost-effective, reliable secure internet connection. It’s something that’s really been lacking in these areas. Having Representative Jack Bergman here, it’s nice to be able to show somebody on the federal level what we’re doing on a local level,” said COO of Cherry Capital Communications, Justin Maylone.
Cherry Capital Communications says fiber internet is a cheaper and faster way to access the internet for people living in rural areas.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing