A critical outage caused a majority of CenturyLink customers in Iowa to be without access to the internet for several hours Friday.
According to Fing, an internet speed and outage analyzing website, the outage began at 9:40 a.m. and ended around 12:30 p.m. It affected 88.2 percent of CenturyLink customers and 13 percent of Iowans, mostly in the Des Moines metro area with some outages reported in Davenport.
A tweet from CenturyLink confirmed reports of service disruptions and claimed that the company’s technical team was investigating the matter.
A request for comment from CenturyLink was not returned.
Aaron Calvin covers trending news for the Register. Reach him at [email protected], 515-556-9097 or on Twitter at @aaronpcalvin.
Read or Share this story: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/2019/08/23/century-link-outage-leaves-customers-without-internet-access-des-moines-waukee-west-ankeny-help-fix/2096602001/
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’