Chris Taylor loves video games, and when Nintendo announced Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, he was just as pumped as everyone else – but with a catch. Taylor has terminal cancer and in July made the brave decision to decline any further treatment. He was given between 3 to 6 months to live.
Taylor’s comments on social media – which reflect on the fact that he may not be alive when the game arrives this December – have triggered a wave of support from the Nintendo community, and now a campaign has begun to get Taylor – who is effectively bedridden – pre-release access to Smash.
Those involved with the campaign have taken to social media to bring Taylor’s plight to the attention of Nintendo of America. We’re more than happy to amplify this message on Nintendo Life – so please, join your own voice to this movement and perhaps Taylor will get his wish.
- Fargo star Allison Tolman is ‘kind of killing it at quarantine’ by making curse word embroideries
- After Facebook, Intel invests into Indian internet giant Jio
- Hamilton on Disney Plus is a heartwarming cross between play and TV movie
- Best fitness trackers for 2020
- Why Hamilton streaming on Disney Plus is important
- Huawei brings Uber rival Bolt to its AppGallery store
- Away co-CEO steps down as Silicon Valley elite conversation gets leaked
- Steam Summer Sale: 13 discounted PC games to buy now
- The 50 best TV shows to watch on Netflix