Black Friday deals are beginning to crop up for Samsung phones as premium as theand , to cheaper models you can buy for under $100. This is just the beginning, so you should expect even more offers from now through Cyber Monday. Promotions range from discounts to gift cards.
Black Friday always falls on the day after Thanksgiving; this year that’s Friday, Nov. 23. These days, sales tend to get going around Nov. 16, and sometimes earlier. We’ll update this often with even more Black Friday phone deals as they appear.
Just so you know:
- The deals below are current as of Nov. 9, and include Target, Amazon and . Times are local unless otherwise specified.
- CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page.
- We link to the current listing at the retailer’s website when one is available, but you may not see sale pricing reflected on the page until the sale begins.
Galaxy S9, Note 9, S9 Plus: Save $300 at Best Buy
Samsung’s triple threat smartphones are excellent all-arounders playing at the top of their class.
Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day) at 5 p.m. With activation on AT&T, Sprint, Verizon.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: $300 Target gift card
This is the superphone for the doodlers, tinkerers and Android lovers. The Galaxy Note 9 is an absolute speed, battery life and storage beast — and the S Pen gives your creativity full rein.
Nov. 23 through Nov. 25. Requires qualified activation on AT&T or Verizon. Limit two per guest.
Galaxy S9, Note 9, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus: $300 Walmart gift card
You’ll have to pay full price for the Galaxy Note 9, S9, S9 Plus, S8 or S8 Plus, but if you’re already a frequent Walmart shopper, $300 of “free” Walmart cash will sweeten the deal. Note that you’ll need to activate the phone in-store with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon in order to qualify for the gift card.
In-store only: Nov. 22 at 6pm through 23. Schedule an activation appointment at 6pm. Activations begin at 8pm.
Galaxy S8, Unlocked: Save $150 at Best Buy
Last year’s Galaxy S8 is a smart alternative to the Galaxy S9 for people hoping to save a few more bucks. This discount for the 64GB unlocked version (black) makes the offer more compelling. The Galaxy S8’s specs are strong enough to take you through 2019 and beyond. An unlocked phone means you can choose your own carrier and you won’t be forced to activate in-store.
Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving day) at 5pm, through Nov. 24.
Galaxy S7: Save $130 at Walmart
Straight Talk customers can snatch up 2016’s prepaid Galaxy S7 in black, with 32GB of storage.
Online: Nov. 21 at 10pm ET/7pm PT
In stores: Nov. 22 at 6pm through 23
Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit: Save $35-$85 at Target, Best Buy
An entry level phone like the Galaxy J3 Orbit won’t offer much in the way of camera prowess or speed, but it’s relatively portable with a 5-inch screen. Target and Best Buy both sell the phone for $65 through a combination of prepaid services. Target partners with Total Wireless, while Best Buy’s offer works with Simple Mobile, TracFone and Total Wireless.
Target: Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day).
Best Buy: Nov. 22 at 5pm, through Nov. 24.
Galaxy J7 Crown: Save $110 at Walmart, $90 at Best Buy
The Galaxy J7 Crown is a midrange phone with a 5.5-inch screen and 13-megapixel cameras on both the front and back. At Walmart, the phone sells for $80 through Straight Talk’s service. At Best Buy, it’ll cost $100 and uses Total Wireless or Simple Mobile’s networks.
Walmart: Online: Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. PT (10 p.m. ET). In-store: Nov. 22 at 6 p.m. through Nov. 23.
Best Buy: Nov. 22 at 5pm through Nov. 24.
Samsung Galaxy J7: Save $90 at Target
One of the more robust entry-level Android phones you can buy, the Galaxy J7 has a 5.5-inch screen and 13-megapixel rear camera. This offer is for Total Wireless service.
Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day).
CNET’s Holiday Gift Guide: The place to find the best tech gifts for 2018.
: The best discounts we’ve found so far.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’