A new update is coming to the Nintendo Switch fighting game ARMS and the team behind the exclusive revealed the news via a brand new trailer. Update 3.2 will be bringing in a few new features, including badges that will work in a similar way to that of achievements.
Like PlayStation has their trophies and Xbox has their achievements, the Nintendo Switch title will be including a feature called badges that will work much in the same way. This will give players more of an incentive to bring their A Game while exploring everything the fighter has to offer. What’s even more interesting, however, is the slight teaser seen towards the ending of the video (seen at the top).
Towards the end, a new character can be seen that looks significantly less friendly than other players in the ARMS world. Between his intimidating aura and classically glowing eyes, he definitely doesn’t look like someone you’d want to mess with. Though he was only teased, Nintendo hasn’t elaborated on the true nature but we will find out soon enough.
The latest update is expected to drop later on this month. For more about the game itself:
These elite fighting superstars share one thing in common: extendable arms! So fight as never before: equip super-powered ARMS to create a slew of unprecedented combinations. Then use simple motion or button controls to dish out highly strategic beatdowns in 1-on-1, or even 2-on-2 battles!
- Deep, strategic gameplay via simple motion and button controls: Tilt the Joy-Con™ controller to move your character about the arena, flick your fists to throw punches, then twist your hands to curve your punches midflight. It’s easy to learn, and incredibly satisfying to reach out and punch someone.
- Mix and match arms to strategically bring new fights to your opponent: Select from a variety of different characters with unique abilities and equip a plethora of arms to strategize your approach. Use different combinations of arms and characters to change your approach in each round for endless gameplay possibilities.
- Take on a variety of game modes: Dunk your opponent through a basketball hoop in a game of Hoops, spike your opponent in the face with an exploding ball in a game of V-ball, take on 100 enemies in waves of increasing difficulty, and more.
- Brawl in multiplayer modes: Grab some friends for some team versus modes in 4-player action over local wireless, go online* as a pair, or get your game face on with some ranked 1-on-1 matches.
- Tournament Support and DLC: The LAN mode featured in the 2017 ARMS Open Invitational will release publicly to support competitive players (LAN adapter required; sold separately). Max Brass, the final boss of the game, and his Sky Arena stage will also become playable in a downloadable update.
- [LLODO] Judge stops South Dakota Gov. Noem from releasing more records in AG’s fatal crash after bombshell discovery
- Tech Opens ACC Play with Trip to NC State – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- [LLODO] Arizona woman returns 1950s Purple Heart to man’s family after finding it at thrift store
- The SAFE Tech Act Wouldn’t Make the Internet Safer for Users – EFF
- [LLODO] Florida teacher praises good Samaritan who returned missing wallet
- What to watch today: Stocks try to recover from Thursday’s tech-led rout – CNBC
- 10 Things in Tech You Need to Know Today Business Insider – Business Insider
- [LLODO] ‘COVID bandit’ leaves $6,800 tip for Colorado restaurant staff
- [LLODO] NJ plumber, family drive 22 hours to help Texas storm victims