Apple supplier Inventec has been manufacturing the new AirPods and is ready to ship them in the spring, perhaps alongside the AirPower, which is now in mass production.
Economic Daily Times says that the AirPods will be priced the same as the previous version, which was $159 in the United States, though curiously the site suggests the prior pricing was $199.
The information shared by the Taiwanese publication matches up with rumors that we heard earlier this week from MySmartPrice.
That rumor suggested both the AirPods and the Charging Case will be available in black and white, with the updated accessory to get a special matte coating that will “enhance grip.”
We still don’t know exactly when the AirPods are going to be released. Apple is holding an event on March 25, but it will focus on services and not hardware.
Apple could choose to release updated AirPods and perhaps the AirPower right around that time via press release rather than through a dedicated event.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus chronicles: Here’s some good news amid the dire reports
- The best smart lock for 2020
- Best kids tablet for 2020: Amazon Fire, Apple iPad and more compared
- Best 32-inch TV for 2020
- WWE WrestleMania 36: Results, insane ending, match ratings and full recap
- Best soundbars of 2020 under $200
- Best smart plugs of 2020
- Best phones of 2020