Apple’s October event will focus on products not introduced at the iPhone-centric event in September. On that occasion, Apple failed to take down its sitemap XML leading up to the event, resulting in a raft of major leaks ahead of the keynote. That’s not the case this time around.
We’re still awaiting multiple product refreshes before the end of 2018, including updates to several Mac models and the iPad Pro, which are likely to see a debut at the event.
2018 iPad Pro models are expected to adopt an iPhone X-style design with no Home button, slimmer bezels, and a TrueDepth camera system that will enable Face ID for biometric authentication. We could also see a redesigned Apple Pencil with new gesture and swipe features.
Along with new iPad Pro models, we’re also expecting refreshes to the MacBook line. Refreshed 12-inch MacBooks are said to be in the works, and according to rumors, Apple has developed a low-cost notebook with a Retina display that could be positioned as an updated MacBook Air.
The Mac mini, which has not been updated for 1,475 days, is expected to be refreshed for the first time since 2014. We don’t know a lot about what to expect for the Mac mini update, but upgraded internals and faster processors are certain.
Apple typically streams the event live on its website and on Apple TV, but for those who are unable to watch, MacRumors will be providing full event coverage both on MacRumors.com and through our MacRumorsLive Twitter account.
Readers who can’t follow the event live and are interested in avoiding all of the announcements until Apple’s posts the full video online can bookmark this page, where we’ll post a spoiler-free link once it’s up.
- [LLODO] Cuomo relaxes some NY COVID restrictions with one-shot J&J vaccines set to arrive
- [LLODO] Ferguson activists, Michael Brown’s father demand $20M from BLM
- [LLODO] Oklahoma woman linked to home break-in after Cheetos residue found on her teeth, police say
- [LLODO] California’s ‘I-5 Strangler’ Roger Kibbe was strangled to death, autopsy shows
- [LLODO] Capitol rioter ‘QAnon Shaman’ claims in new interview that officers ‘waved’ him into building on Jan. 6
- [LLODO] Georgia man wanted in death of girlfriend’s 1-year-old child found hiding under bed at mom’s house: official
- [LLODO] Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, police propose changes to search warrant process after botched raid
- [LLODO] Extreme windy, dusty conditions lead to Arizona crash, fire danger