A new freebie is now available for Twitch Prime members. For a limited time, players can claim a free loot pack for Respawn’s newly released battle royale game, Apex Legends, hot on the heels of the release of its new patch (and new weapon that is now live, Havoc). The pack is available on PS4, Xbox One, or PC and contains an exclusive skin, among other rewards. However, this can only be claimed on a single platform per account, meaning you have to be wary of how and when you complete the process.
The Apex Legends Twitch Prime Pack comes with a variety of cosmetics for the battle royale game. The highlight is the legendary Omega Point skin for Pathfinder (pictured below), but it also includes five Apex Packs, the game’s equivalent of loot boxes which contain a random assortment of cosmetic items such as skins, weapon skins, and emotes. They don’t contain Legends, the game’s various playable character classes; the two you don’t have access to right from the start can be earned by purchasing them with a currency you can buy or one you can earn by playing. Opting for the latter route takes a while.
To claim the Twitch Prime Pack, you’ll first need to link your Twitch account with your EA Account, then click on the crown-shaped Prime Loot icon on Twitch’s website. As previously mentioned, the pack is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, but you can only redeem it once, and only on the first platform you log into with your linked EA Account. You can read more in the FAQ.
This is not the only freebie available to Apex Legends players. PS Plus members are entitled to a bonus, as are those with EA or Origin Access memberships.
Twitch Prime is one of the perks included in an Amazon Prime membership, and it offers freebies for a variety of games. Members can also download a selection of titles every month at no charge; February’s batch includes Pikuniku, Dear Esther: Landmark Edition, Downwell, The Flame in the Flood, and Draknek & Co Puzzle Collection. Square Enix is also separately offering Final Fantasy XIV Starter Edition for free until May 3.
Apex Legends launched earlier this month following a surprise reveal, and it’s already hit a huge player milestone. Much like Fortnite, it’s free to download and play, but it also places a heavier emphasis on teamwork and features a variety of characters with unique abilities and characteristics, not unlike Overwatch. If you’re new to the game, be sure to check out GameSpot’s guides roundup for helpful tips and strategies.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’