A mother whose daughter recently benefited from potentially life-saving vaccines has tweeted to ask the world to pray for her child’s wellbeing. Her Tweet was swiftly pounced upon by social media users, congratulating her for having a vaccinated daughter.
As one commenter pointed out, the only thing that vaccines are proven to cause is old age, primarily because they help people to make it beyond adolescence without expiring in a mound of itchy, puss-filled flesh, or losing the use of their bodily functions to diseases like polio.
Another comment provided a reminder that you never really appreciate what you’ve got until it’s gone, which is why there were no anti-vaxxers back in the days when polio was rife, but of course now that it’s almost eradicated some people suddenly want it back.
With that said, there’s no harm in praying for children’s wellbeing in addition to having them vaccinated, so all in all it looks like the child in question here has now got pretty much all bases covered.
Of course, there’s also a chance that this is all a misunderstanding and she actually meant to say she’s anti-wax.
- Twitter fact-checks China official’s post claiming coronavirus originated in US
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sonic the Hedgehog sequel officially in the works
- President Trump’s executive order concerning social media companies
- Magic Leap CEO Rony Abovitz reportedly stepping down at AR startup
- The best meal kit delivery services of 2020: Blue Apron, Green Chef, EveryPlate, Gobble and more
- Nintendo Switch Lite is back in stock at Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop
- AT&T will credit some sports subscriptions during COVID-19 cancellations
- Super Nintendo World aerial shot gives us our best look yet at the theme park