“If I didn’t have my phone I literally think I would die.”
Well, apparently most Americans would actually rather have that be a possibility than not have internet access while on vacation, a new survey by OnePoll says.
From Air Power ABC:
- According to the OnePoll survey of of 2,000 Americans, conducted on behalf of streaming service Roku, 61% said Internet access topped air conditioning on a list of must-haves on holiday.
- Forty-nine percent say no Internet would spell a “vacation disaster.” By comparison, only “lost luggage” tops it for something going wrong, at 54%.
- Furthermore, 47% say food poisoning would constitute a vacation disaster — the same percentage as bad weather. Forty-four percent say losing their credit card on a trip would spell a bad vacay.
- Streaming content is so key that two in five Americans said they could deal with skipping caffeine on a trip if it meant keeping access to Netflix.
- The poll also revealed it takes an average of 27 minutes before someone asks for the Wi-Fi password at their vacation destination — 42% ask within the first 15 minutes.
So according to this, you’re better off vomiting while chilling on the beach than you are not being able to look at Instagram. Here’s an idea, America:
Since you so desperately want people to see your amazing vacation, just take the pictures and – stay with me here – POST THEM AFTER VACATION IS OVER.
Somewhere, Steve Jobs is smiling at how much iPhones and devices have taken over the world.
- Hands-on with iOS 14: We downloaded the public beta so you don’t have to
- This $20 Lodge cast iron grill pan makes perfect steak and burgers
- iPhone SE vs. 11 Pro: Here’s how much of a difference $600 makes
- Wireless earbuds under $50: Forget AirPods and buy one of these cheaper pairs instead
- Nintendo Switch 2: Rumors, leaks and everything we want
- Tesla to nab $65M in tax breaks if it builds Cybertruck factory in Texas
- How to watch T-Mobile’s next ‘un-carrier’ event
- Walmart will soon require shoppers to wear masks
- 2021 Toyota Corolla Apex Edition is a sharp-looking, limited-edition sedan