Amazon just put the Echo Show on sale for the first time since launching in June, dropping the price on the screen-equipped Echo from $229.99 to $199.99.
The timing of the sudden sale is particularly interesting given that, as Variety reported on Friday, sales of the Echo Show have noticeably dropped in the past few weeks after Google pulled YouTube support from Amazon’s smart speaker. A price cut could help boost sales on the Echo Show, despite the uncertainty around whether Amazon and Google will be able to reconcile difficulties when it comes to YouTube support.
It’s also possible that Amazon is just putting the Show on sale in an effort to entice customers before the new slate of Echo products announced at the end of September arrive around the holidays.
Still, if you’ve been thinking about picking up an Echo Show — even without YouTube videos — $30 off is the first (and therefore, best, by default) deal we’ve seen yet. Amazon hasn’t said how long the discount will last, which might be worth keeping in mind as well.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.
- [LLODO] Louisiana police officer shot, killed while escorting suspect from HS basketball game: reports
- [LLODO] Capitol security review to recommend additional officers, fencing: report
- [LLODO] Colorado synagogue bomb-plot suspect gets 20 years
- [LLODO] US Army crowdsources ideas to combat sexual assault crisis
- [LLODO] Yale student Kevin Jiang’s murder: Connecticut police obtain warrant for arrest, suspect at large
- [LLODO] Virginia police officer shot, killed during traffic stop; suspect dead: reports
- [LLODO] The 2021 hurricane season names and dates: What could be next for East Coast?
- [LLODO] NY Gov. Cuomo accused of sexual harassment for 2nd time