RAPID CITY, S.D. — Eleven men, all from Western South Dakota, have been arrested and charged with attempted enticement of a minor using the internet.
The arrests came after an internet sex crime sting that was conducted during this year’s Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. The South Dakota Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force lead the investigation with assistance from multiple state and local law enforcement agencies.
During the investigation agents put out multiple ads on websites and mobile apps, pretending to be minors. After arriving at agreed upon locations — such as the Canyon Lake Little League Fields or at a Rapid City middle school — the men were taken into custody.
If convicted each man faces between 10 years to life in prison.
- Jonathon Andrew Whitney of Rapid City, 32
- Jeric Michael Davis of Rapid City, 28
- Stanley Lee Lumbardy of Spearfish, 68
- Kenneth R Williamson of Rapid City, 51
- Sean Russell Gertsch of Sturgis, 27
- Hugo Ruperto Duque of Rapid City, 39
- Japher Y. Rajab of Rapid City, 41
- Greydon Scott Shangreaux of Rapid City, 23
- Justin Oliver Westby of Wall, 45
- Brennan John Hauk of Rapid City, 40
- Josef Martin Pettit of Piedmont, 23