Oct. 29 (UPI) — A California YouTuber set out to answer a little-asked question: Can an iPhone survive being dropped into an abandoned nuclear plant’s cooling tower?
Sacramento-based YouTuber TechRax, who specializes in unusual smartphone stress tests, posted a video showing how he drop-tested an iPhone down the cooling tower of a closed nuclear power plant.
The video shows the vlogger using a drone to lift the phone high above the the tower at the unidentified abandoned plant and drop it into the cooling tower.
TechRax is surprised to discover after retrieving the phone from inside the facility that it remains fully functional despite a large crack across its touchscreen.
- [LLODO] NJ plumber, family drive 22 hours to help Texas storm victims
- [LLODO] Whitney Young Jr.: An unsung hero of the civil rights movement
- [LLODO] NASA honors ‘Hidden Figure’ Mary Jackson during Washington headquarters naming ceremony
- [LLODO] Congress asks Canada to reconsider ship ban that could cancel Alaska cruise season
- [LLODO] Judge refuses to lower $3M bond for Colorado animal rights activist accused of murder-for-hire plot gone bad
- [LLODO] California’s liberal Ninth Circuit to tackle gun rights, mull reinstating high-capacity magazine ban
- [LLODO] California man allegedly tried burying wife alive during beach attack following argument, police say
- [LLODO] Utah teacher under investigation for tweet calling for killing of ‘Republican senators’