We’ve got another iPhone review!
This week on The Vergecast, Nilay, Paul, and Dieter discuss Nilay’s review of the iPhone XR as well as reviews of the Yoga Book C930 and Google’s Home Hub.
And since this year is not over yet, we’ve got another Apple event set for next week. The crew runs through what to expect from Apple for the holiday season.
There’s a whole lot more in between that — including a surprising week of Elon Musk coverage — so listen to it all, and you’ll get it all.
05:10 – iPhone XR review
21:13 – iOS 12.1 will improve selfie quality on the iPhone XS and XR
38:54 – Google’s Night Sight for Pixel phones will amaze you
42:37 – “This week in Elon Musk” with Liz Lopatto
46:03 – Yoga Book C930 review
53:34 – Google Home Hub review: the best digital photo frame
1:04:38 – Paul’s weekly segment “Touch a tree, touch the future”
1:08:20 – The 5 biggest rumors about Apple’s new, bezel-free iPads
1:18:45 – Apple reportedly targeting 2019 for iPad Mini update and AirPower launch
Also, in case you missed it, Nilay talked to new Verge reporter Julia Alexander about the trials and tribulations of YouTube. You can listen to that along with this episode right in The Vergecast’s feed.
- Google Maps now lets you share your Plus Code location, no address needed
- New Nissan Z confirmed in official video with possible 240Z-like design
- Legendary on HBO Max: Drag balls meet Drag Race in high-octane showdown
- Amazon outage complaints spike as site goes down
- CVS Pharmacy prescriptions go high-tech with self-driving delivery
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is a $60 A-list game you can download for free
- The Lord of the Rings reunion: Where to watch
- The $500 Harman Kardon Citation 300 smart speaker is on sale for $150
- Trump executive order: Leaked draft slams Twitter, Facebook for ‘censoring’