This past week, Nilay reviewed the new iPhone XS and XS Max while Dieter reviewed the Apple Watch series 4. Paul, Dieter, and Nilay dedicate half the show to their review and whether it’s worth upgrading to the new model.
Second half of the show, the crew tries to cover all of the insane amount of gadgets that Amazon announced this week, including a DVR for over-the-air channels.
There’s a whole lot more in between that — like deputy editor Liz Lopatto’s “This week in Elon” segment — so listen to it all and you’ll get it all.
01:26 – Apple iPhone XS and XS Max review: smoothed out
32:10 – Apple Watch Series 4 review: the best gets better
54:44 – This week in Elon Musk with Liz Lopatto
59:00 – Paul’s weekly segment “Spin to win”
1:03:46 – The 14 biggest announcements from Amazon’s surprise hardware event
1:33:09 – Sony is launching a PlayStation Classic console this December loaded with 20 games
Also, in case you missed it, Nilay along with transportation reporter Sean O’Kane talked to Ford AV CEO Sherif Marakby about self-driving cars and what Ford is doing with them. You can listen to that right in the Vergecast feed.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’