In this week’s top stories: Apple confirms its October event, iPhone XR pre-orders begin and early reviews hit the web, additional 2018 iPad Pro details, and more. Read on for all of this week’s top Apple stories.
Sylvania HomeKit Light Strip
Apple this week officially confirmed its October event. The company sent press invites on Thursday, announcing the October 30th event in Brooklyn, New York. Apple is teasing the event with the tagline, “There’s more in the making,” and we’re expecting new Macs, iPad Pros, and more.
Speaking of iPad Pro, a pair of leaks this week offered more details on the device’s upcoming refresh. First off, a case mockup offered another look at the 2018 iPad Pro’s edge-to-edge design. Second, more supply chain reporting indicated that the iPad Pro will ditch Lightning this year in favor of USB-C.
This week also marked the start of iPhone XR pre-orders. The colorful new device went up for pre-order on Friday morning. In conjunction with those pre-orders, early reviews of the device hit YouTube, highlighting the six color options and more.
Last but not least, Adobe held its Adobe MAX conference in Los Angeles this week. Most notably, the event brought the official announcement of Photoshop CC for iPad. The app will ship in 2019. Read more in our exclusive interview with Photoshop’s Senior Product Manager Jenny Lyell.
These and the rest of this week’s top Apple stories below…
iOS | macOS | tvOS | watchOS |
iPad & Mac |
Apple Watch |
Tech Industry |
Adobe MAX conference |
- Hands-on with Premiere Rush CC, Adobe’s new cross-device video editor
- Adobe announces full Photoshop CC for iPad shipping 2019, syncs with desktop
- Photoshop on iPad Q&A: Marzipan, AR, features, much more
- Adobe previews automatic image parallax, simple font customization, more in development for Creative Cloud apps
- Adobe offers tips on switching from Keynote to XD for app prototyping
- Adobe MAX 2018: Phil Schiller discusses Photoshop for iPad, AR, collaboration with Adobe
- Adobe MAX 2018: Premiere Rush CC released, Apple Photos to Lightroom migration, XD voice apps, more
Top Apple stories, retail |
Top Apple stories, company |
Subscribe to 9to5Mac’s YouTube channel for more videos.
This week’s top videos |
9to5Mac Daily |
Listen to a recap of the top Apple news of the day from 9to5Mac. 9to5Mac Daily is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Happy Hour Podcast #195 |
This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the newly announced October Apple event, expectations for the new iPad Pro and Mac lineup, iPhone XR pre-orders and the Apple clear case, full Photoshop coming to iPad, Apple’s subscription issues on the App Store, and much more.
9to5Mac Happy Hour is available on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Play Music, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Making The Grade |
Making The Grade is a weekly series from Bradley Chambers covering Apple in education. Bradley has been managing Apple devices in an education environment since 2009. Through his experience deploying and managing 100s of Macs and 100s of iPads, Bradley will highlight ways in which Apple’s products work at scale, stories from the trenches of IT management, and ways Apple could improve its products for students.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
Featured in top image: Dell 38-inch UltraSharp Curved Monitors, Grovemade’s Desk Shelf System, Nixie Tube Clock, Apogee Quartet, KRK VXT6 Studio Monitor speakers, Classicbot Classic Vintage Mac Toy. Read about the setup over on 9to5Toys as part of the ‘Behind the Screens’ series.
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania governor who required COVID masks be worn indoors bans alcohol sales night before Thanksgiving
- [LLODO] In a first for San Francisco, police officer who shot Keita O’Neil charged in killing
- [LLODO] AMERICA TOGETHER: Florida teen fixes American flags for local businesses
- [LLODO] Georgia recount signature-matching impossible despite demands from Trump, Republicans, says secretary of state
- [LLODO] Could Georgia Senate races keep Democrats’ court-packing hopes alive?
- [LLODO] Kentucky AG files restraining order against governor to block religious school closures
- [LLODO] Billionaire CEO vows to fight for working class against Big Tech censorship
- [LLODO] Two married Texas AG prosecutors shot, one fatally, at their El Paso home
- [LLODO] Oklahoma dispatcher dies from coronavirus complications