Another year, another iPhone, and another iPhone teardown. Usually repair experts iFixit are the first to get hold of an iPhone and pull it apart before the internet, but this year Dutch YouTuber Fixjeiphone NL got hold of the new iPhone XS ahead of its release and busted it open for our benefit.
And the iPhone XS is a lot like the iPhone X internally. The seal that makes the XS waterproof and the battery seem to be the biggest differences. Fixjeiphone NL used a heat gun to loosen up the XS’ seal then pried it apart, but commented it was harder to pull the screen off than in previous models. Once inside, he revealed that the XS has one large L-shaped battery where the X has a two-cell batteries.
The similarities between the X and XS mean that any repair issues present in the X, such as the difficulty replacing the glass back, will be probably be a problem with the XS too. iFixit says it’ll have its full teardown up Friday, which usually goes into more detail about possible repair issues and its internal components. But this is a nice preview.
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
- [LLODO] Utah deputies shot in the head during shootout outside jail
- [LLODO] Severe storm damages buildings in Florida Panhandle
- [LLODO] New Hampshire track coach fired for refusing to make athletes wear masks speaks out on ‘Tucker’
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s ‘New York Tough’ slogan seems mocked as ‘NY Touch’ in light display
- [LLODO] 11 suspects arrested in connection to Maryland child porn crimes
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Hogan calls Baltimore mayor’s plan to reduce police budget ‘reckless’