The war of the flagships smartphones continues to intensify with all the big manufacturers vying for your attention.
Two of the very latest phones to hit stores come from Apple and Google with the launch of the Pixel 3 and iPhone Xs.
These new devices come packed with a host of new technology including improved cameras, faster charging and upgraded displays.
However, although the Pixel 3 and iPhone Xs are clearly the best phones the two tech companies have made there is one very clear winner it comes to sheer speed.
Whilst the iPhone Xs manages to keep most of the apps running in the background – meaning a very fast re-launch time – the Pixel 3 appears to close everything down.
This means the applications have to be restarted from scratch.
Opening and closing the apps twice on the iPhone takes a total time of 2 minutes and 55 seconds.
But with Google’s phone taking time fully booting the applications the Pixel took a whopping 6 minutes and 49 seconds to complete the same task.
Ever since the iPhone Xs was announced in September, Apple has been boasting that its A12 Bionic processor is the fastest processor the firm has ever created.
A12 Bionic features a six-core fusion architecture with two performance cores that are up to 15 percent faster than the CPU performance cores in the A11 Bionic chip.
Apple also says a four-core GPU that is up to 50 percent faster with lossless memory compression brings big gains in graphics performance to games, video editing, and visually demanding apps.
Although the A12 is clearly quick the Snapdragon 845 is no slouch but it appears Google’s decision to place just 4GB of RAM inside the Pixel 3 is what is hurting its overall performance times.
Most other Android phones now include 6GB or 8GB of RAM which makes them far more powerful.
The iPhone Xs also only features 4GB of RAM but that new A12 processor seems to mean that users won’t suffer any speed issues.
There’s plenty to like about the Pixel 3 and you can read our full review here but, if you want the fastest smartphone right now, it seems the iPhone is the only way to go.
- [LLODO] California crash near Camp Pendleton kills Navy Seabee, leaves 5 others hurt: reports
- [LLODO] Deadly California crash involving 25 immigrants jammed in SUV probed as human smuggling: ICE
- [LLODO] US troops targeted in Iraq less than week after Biden airstrikes
- [LLODO] Los Angeles vehicle chase results in death of innocent driver near Farmers Market; suspect arrested: report
- [LLODO] NYC cops arrest mom of girl found alone on Bronx street corner
- [LLODO] Louisiana man saves abandoned baby on side of highway, suspect charged
- [LLODO] De Blasio pounces on Cuomo scandals: ‘He cannot govern’ if claims are true
- [LLODO] Gov. Larry Hogan: Open the damn schools – Biden must send this message loud and clear