What can be done to stop Russia and China from spying on the president? Take a look, then vote for your favorite joke at usatoday.com/opinion.
Eileen Rivers, USA TODAY Opinion
What can be done to stop Russia and China from spying on the president? The late-night comics take a look at Washington’s response.
Doesn’t everyone want President Donald Trump to put down his personal iPhone at this point? And never pick it up again?
Since the “New York Times” reported that China and Russia are listening in on the president’s calls, the White House is working overtime to get him to do just that. They’ve concocted new ways to get Trump to use government issued communications devices, according to late-night comic Jimmy Fallon. He reveals one secret plan in today’s Best of Late Night. Seth Meyers reveals another. Take a look, above.
And what was Trump’s response to this news? He called it fake of course, stating that he rarely uses an iPhone, opting instead for a landline — a defense that would have been more credible, according to the late-night comics, had it not been tweeted from, you guessed it, his iPhone.
Take a look at our favorite jokes from last night’s late-night lineup, then vote for yours in the poll below.
Follow Eileen Rivers on Twitter @msdc14.
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/26/fallon-reveals-white-house-plan-get-trump-off-iphone/1774572002/
- [LLODO] Shooter denied bond in fatal Nebraska fast food restaurant attack
- [LLODO] Ohio police rescue woman trapped in sinking minivan after crashing in river, video shows
- [LLODO] Thanksgiving weather — what to expect
- [LLODO] Philadelphia police seeking suspects from looting spree in wake of Walter Wallace Jr. killing
- [LLODO] North Carolina Democratic governor issues new coronavirus rule: Wear a mask at home if you have guests over
- [LLODO] Tennessee girl, 10, killed by stray bullet while on couch, 3 men arrested
- [LLODO] Seattle City Council approves 18% police budget decrease, reportedly one of biggest cuts nationwide
- [LLODO] An Iowa boy is selling baseball bats from fallen trees to help storm victims
- [LLODO] Scott Peterson among California inmates who received COVID relief funds, prosecutors say