This post was created by the Contributor in partnership with BestBlackFriday.com, which specializes in holiday season sales. The deals highlighted within this post were independently selected and do not contain affiliate links.
Cyber Monday 2018 is less than three weeks away but
This year Best Buy is gunning for Walmart’s crown and, from what I understand speaking to my holiday season sales partner BestBlackFriday.com, things are going to be closer than ever before.
Walmart Black Friday Vs Best Buy Black Friday
Crucial to understanding Best Buy and Walmart’s Black Friday sales is to understand the moves of rivals (particular’s Target’s massive Black Friday 2018 ad) as well as both company’s sales last year: 32-page Walmart Black Friday ad and 50-page Best Buy Black Friday ad. This is what we learn:
1. Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR – Walmart should offer a $300 Walmart Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan on the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. I expect it will only offer a $200 gift card on the iPhone XR. If history repeats itself, Best Buy will offer savings of up to $200 on the Apple iPhone XR and up to $250 off the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max with qualified activation. You can review confirmed iPhone deals for Black Friday 2018 below. Sam’s Club leads the way, but its deal is valid for one day only:
- Sam’s Club – Receive a Sam’s Club Gift Card worth up to $300 with Purchase and Activation on Installment or Subsidy of Select iPhones (Nov. 10th Only) – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – Free $250 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – Free $150 Target Gift Card with Qualified Activation on iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8 or iPhone X on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T – See Ad Scan Deal – See Ad Scan Deal
2. Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, Note 9 – I think Walmart will offer a $300 Walmart Gift card upon qualified activation of a Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9. Instead of offering a free store gift card, I think Best Buy will simply offer $300 in direct savings upon activation. Already confirmed Black Friday 2018 Samsung Galaxy phone deals from other retailers below again hint at this move:
- Sam’s Club – Receive a $300 Sam’s Club Gift Card with Purchase and Activation on Installment or Subsidy of Select Samsung Smartphones (Nov. 10th Only) – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – Samsung Galaxy Note9 and $300 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on Verizon or AT&T – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – Samsung Galaxy S9 and $300 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – Samsung Galaxy S9+ and $300 Target Gift Card with qualified activation on Verizon, Sprint or AT&T – See Ad Scan Deal
3. Sony PlayStation 4 Bundle – While no PS4 Pro sales have emerged yet, I expect both Best Buy and Walmart to have at least one bundle or console deal each for it. I expect them both to offer PS4 Pro Bundles for $274.99. They should also offer PS4 1TB bundles for $199.99. PlayStation VR bundles should start at $249.99 at both stores. Confirmed PS4 deals are below.
- Sam’s Club – Sony PlayStation 4 Slim 500GB Console for $229 (save $40) (Nov. 10th Only) – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – Sony PlayStationn 4 1TB Spider-Man Bundle for $199.99 (save $100) – See Ad Scan Deal
- Target – PlayStation VR Bundle for $249.99 (save $100) – See Ad Scan Deal
4. Microsoft Xbox One X Bundle – Xbox One X sales were scarce last year, but some great deals have already emerged from other stores. Both Best Buy and Walmart should offer at least $100 off Xbox One X and Xbox One S 1TB bundles. I think there is a better chance Walmart includes a free gift card (valued at up to $30), so Walmart could be the better place to buy an Xbox One on Black Friday. These are best Black Friday 2018 Xbox One deals already announced by other retailers:
- Costco – Save $70 on Xbox One X Forza Bundle with Controller, Forza Horizon 4, and 3-Month GamePass – See Ad Scan Deal
- Costco – Save $70 on Xbox One S 1TB Bundle with 2 Controllers and 3-Month Game Pass – See Ad Scan Deal
- Costco – Save $100 on Xbox One S Minecraft Creators Bundle – See Ad Scan Deal
- Costco – Save $70 on Xbox One S 1TB Bundle with 2 Controllers, Madden 19, FIFA 19 and 3-Month Xbox Game Pass – See Ad Scan Deal
- Dell – Xbox One S 1TB Battlefield V Bundle for $229.99 (save $70) – See Ad Scan Deal
- JCPenney – Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB Minecraft Bundle for $199.99 (save $100) – See Ad Scan Deal
- Kohl’s – Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB PlayersUnknown’s Battlegrounds Console Bundle + Get $120 Kohl’s Cash for $399.99 (save $130) – See Ad Scan Deal
- Kohl’s – Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB Minecraft Creators Console bundle + $60 Kohl’s Cash for $199.99 (save $100) – See Ad Scan Deal
5. Free Shipping – Best Buy has already revealed in its toy book that it will offer free shipping on every order with no minimum spend all season long. Walmart will offer free two-day shipping on millions of items but only for orders of $35 or more. For smaller purchases, Best Buy is the place to shop online.
6. Thanksgiving Opening Times – With Target announcing in its Black Friday ad that stores will open at 5 pm on Thanksgiving (an hour earlier than last year). I expect Best Buy to match this, but I am sticking to my guns and I think Walmart will retain to its normal 6 pm opening on Thanksgiving.
You will find a lot more of my Black Friday coverage below. I am publishing daily recommendations and guides throughout the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping season. So hit the Follow button at the top of my author page, if you want to stay on the cutting edge.
Follow Gordon on Twitter, Facebook and Google+
More Of My Black Friday Coverage On Forbes
Amazon ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Echo, Fire, Kindle, HDTV Deals
Apple ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected iPad, iPhone, MacBook Deals
Best Buy ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Smartphone, Console, HDTV Deals
Samsung ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note9, 4K HDTV Deals
Target ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Apple, Google, Samsung Deals
Walmart ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected iPhone, Galaxy, PS4, Xbox, HDTV Deals
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Coronavirus research done too fast is testing publishing safeguards, bad science is getting through – The Conversation US
- First Issue of AGU Advances Highlights Influential Science – Eos
- Three coronavirus pandemic questions that science hasn’t answered with certainty – Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- Sweet as: The science of how diet can change the way sugar tastes: Learning and tasting are controlled by the same molecules, animal studies show – Science Daily
- The Science Is Clear on How to Beat This Pandemic – The Nation
- OnePlus CEO teases ultrawide camera on OnePlus 8 Pro
- The Simpsons special short drops on Disney Plus tomorrow
- TikTok pledges $250 million in COVID-19 aid