This post was created by the Contributor in partnership with BestBlackFriday.com, which specializes in holiday season sales. The deals highlighted within this post were independently selected and do not contain affiliate links.
Note: here are my Black Friday 2018 guides for Walmart (here), Target (here) and Amazon (here).
Best Buy’s Best Black Friday Tech Deals Last Year
To understand what type of deals will be in Best Buy’s ad this year, you should refer to the 50-page Black Friday ad scan it dropped last year. Here were last year’s best sales:
- Save $300 on Samsung Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ – review deal
- Sharp 50″ Class LED 2160 Smart 4k Ultra HD TV Roku for $179.99 (save $320) – review deal
- Google Home Mini Chalk with $10 Best Buy Gift Card for $29.99 (save $19.01) – review deal
- GoPro HERO5 Black 4K Action Camera with $50 Best Buy Gift Card for $349.99 (save $50) – review deal
- Microsoft Xbox One S 500GB Console White for $189.99 (save $90) – review deal
- Apple iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB for $274.99 (save $125) – review deal
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch Display for $799.99 (save $200) – review deal
- Toshiba 55-inch 4K Ultra TV for $279.99 (save $220) – review deal
- Save up to $200 off Apple iPhone 8 and Apple iPhone 8 Plus with Qualified Activation – review deal
Does this give us enough information to infer what deals will be available for Best Buy’s Black Friday 2018 sale? Yes, it does.
What To Expect From Best Buy’s Black Friday 2018 Sales
Best Buy’s Black Friday sale follows a predictable format every year, so through a combination of historical analysis and specialists’ tip-offs, I expect the following deals:
- Save $200 on the Apple iPhone XR with Qualified Activation
- Save $300 on Samsung Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9, or Galaxy S9+ with Qualified Activation
- 50-Inch 4K TV for $169.99 (decent brand)
- 55-inch 4K TV for $219.99 (decent brand)
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch Display for $674
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-inch Display for $1,049
- Apple iPad 9.7-inch Display for $229
- Sony PS4 Pro Bundles for $274.99
- Microsoft Xbox One X Bundles for $399.99
Like other retailers, Best Buy will update its doorbusters for the latest generation technology from Apple, Samsung, Sony, Microsoft and others. The HDTVs and consoles will be big sellers, and while Walmart will offer big iPhone and Galaxy gift card deals, Best Buy is likely to offer direct cash discounts.
Best Buy Black Friday 2018 Tips:
Black Friday Ad Release – In recent years, Best Buy’s Black Friday ad has been released after Target and before Walmart. Last year, Best Buy posted its ad during the early morning hours of Wednesday, November 8th. For 2018, I expect Best Buy to post its ad very early on Wednesday, November 7th. Black Friday is a day earlier this year, so all of the major ads should be released a day earlier. As always, Best Buy is likely to offer some of the best deals on electronics, with TVs being the highlight. The ad should be around 50 pages again, with an assortment of deals involving video games, smartphones, and cameras. Best Buy has been known to bundle TVs with video game consoles, so I am expecting a package involving a television with either an Xbox One X or a PS4 Pro. Unlike other retailers, Best Buy offered direct discounts on last year’s iPhone models, so there is a very real chance it features non-gift card deals on the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR.
Sale Days and Times – Best Buy has started its in-store Black Friday sale at 5pm on Thanksgiving Day in recent years, and I am expecting the same start time for 2018. Last year, it closed at 1am on Black Friday morning and reopened at 8am for another round of doorbusters. Best Buy should follow a similar plan again. Like other retailers, it will offer online Black Friday deals throughout Thanksgiving Day and Friday, with deals extending the entire weekend. There should even be an assortment of pre-Black Friday sales during Thanksgiving week.
Free Shipping – In recent years, Best Buy has offered free shipping on all orders throughout the entire holiday season. This has extended to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which has given Best Buy a massive advantage over Walmart and Amazon when it comes to free shipping terms. Walmart’s free shipping minimum is $35, while Amazon’s minimum for non-Prime members is $25. While it has not announced it yet, I fully expect Best Buy to offer free shipping on all orders for the duration of the 2018 holiday season.
Best Buy Cyber Monday – Best Buy does not have an official Cyber Monday ad scan anymore, but it does detail some of its Cyber Week deals in its weekly flyer. Last year, the ad was released on November 26. I expect the 2018 iteration to be posted on November 25. While it is unlikely to provide a full listing of Best Buy’s 2018 Cyber Monday deals, it will provide a solid preview of what to expect. Additionally, many of Best Buy’s Black Friday deals will also be available on Cyber Monday.
I will be tracking Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018 deals in detail and publishing the best offers daily, so be sure to bookmark or hit the Follow button for instant updates on my page.
Follow Gordon on Twitter, Facebook and Google+
More Black Friday 2018 On Forbes
Walmart ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected iPhone, Galaxy, PS4, Xbox, HDTV Deals
Target ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Apple, Google, Samsung Deals
Amazon ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Echo, Fire, Kindle, HDTV Deals
iPhone XS Vs iPhone XS Max: What’s The Difference?
iPhone XS Vs iPhone XR: What’s The Difference?