I keep getting asked for recommendations for dash cams that connect to a smartphone app.
I’ve tested a lot, and they can be a mixed bunch. Some are great except in low light, while others offer great picture quality under all light conditions, they have some other weakness.
One of the best I’ve tested lately is the Mio MiVue 766 WIFI dash cam. It’s small, fully-featured, connects to an app, and can eve stream direct to Facebook (if you want to do that).
The MiVue records at a crystal clear HD 1920 x 1080p at 30fps, and can take a 128GB microSD card, so you won’t be limited on storage.
I also like the optional MiVue Manager software for PC and Mac, that allows the GPS route to be overlayed on Google Maps, and there’s also a really cool Direction Analyzer feature that driving direction and displays 3-axis G-forces in sync with the recorded video.
- [LLODO] Florida deputies seen in video nabbing home invasion suspects who tied up family, carrying girl to safety
- [LLODO] FBI agent shot in Louisiana executing search warrant, suspect from Ohio killed
- [LLODO] Michigan man sat and watched before shooting woman in targeted attack, police say
- [LLODO] Headless body also missing hands, feet found on dead-end street in Baltimore; police launch investigation
- [LLODO] Florida teen charged with murder in death of librarian who defended son during attack: police
- [LLODO] Hunter in Minnesota fatally shoots another hunter after mistaking him for deer
- [LLODO] NYC mayoral candidate Ray McGuire didn’t vote in key elections
- [LLODO] Colleagues fear Zappos founder Tony Hsieh’s alleged alcohol, nitrous oxide use played role in death: report
- [LLODO] Cuomo: 170,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine expected in NY by Dec. 15