A SUBWAY manager from Scunthorpe claims to be the world’s first iPhone Xs max owner – after couriers dropped it off at his work a day early.
Chris Storey, who has spent over £8k on Apple products and once booked a holiday to San Francisco just to visit their HQ, was handed the £1,100 smartphone this morning – nearly twelve hours before the official release date tomorrow.
Dad-of-one Chris, 28, told The Sun Online he “went crazy” when a DPD courier delivered the device at 10:13am this morning.
He said: “DPD emailed me late last night to say they were preparing it for delivery, but I didn’t really believe it.
“I didn’t think it was real when I first saw the bag. When I opened it I realised I was probably the only customer in the world with one, it was pretty special.
“Everyone at work was going crazy once we realised that nobody else has this.
“I’ve been an Apple fan since 2007, I’ve spent probably £8,000 on all the products.
“I’ve owned every iPhone other than the 5C, and I always get them on release day, always from Carphone Warehouse.”
The iPhone Xs max costs £1,099 for the base 64GB model – the one Chris picked up.
But the price can climb to a wallet-busting £1,349 for the 512gb version.
Apple CEO Tim Cook described the gadget as “by far the most advanced iPhone we have ever created”.
The iPhone Xs max is already in circulation among Apple executives and select tech reviewers – but Chris claims to be the first member of the public to get his hands on one.
“I can’t believe it, it’s crazy, it’s totally amazing to be the first.
“Two years I went to San Francisco just to visit their headquarters, I bought a tshirt and didn’t even take it out of the packaging. So to get this now is incredible.
Bite of the Apple
iPhone XR (64GB) – £749
iPhone XR (128GB) – £799
iPhone XR (256GB) – £899
iPhone XS (64GB) – £999
iPhone XS (256GB) – £1,149
iPhone XS (512GB) – £1,349
iPhone XS Max (64GB) – £1,099
iPhone XS Max (256GB) – £1,249
iPhone XS Max (512GB) – £1,449
Apple September event – all the biggest announcements revealed
Here’s everything we saw unveiled on September 21…
PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE
Boxer mum, 28, who battered schoolgirl, 11, fined just £120
Killer Clowns return as knifeman threatens boys and thug raids shop in mask
NOT SO SWEET
Mum bakes cake to wish son luck at uni and has no idea how offensive it looks
‘FLY HIGH LITTLE ANGEL’
First pics of ‘one-in-million’ Brit boy, 4, who drowned in Tenerife
Girl, 9, dies after eating wrong Cadbury biscuit in ‘near identical’ pack
“All I want is for Tim Cook to follow me on Twitter – then my life would be complete.”
“The person in the carphone warehouse call centre said I was the first person to ring in on pre-order day – now I’m the first person with the phone as well!”
The Sun Online has contacted Apple, DPD and Carphone Warehouse for comment.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- [LLODO] Albany police station attacked by anti-police rioters throwing bottles at officers
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] New York county top cop Geraldine Hart, first woman to lead the department, to step down
- [LLODO] Rams’ Aaron Donald ‘attacked’ and ‘punched’ man, broke his nose, lawyer says
- [LLODO] Killing a cat in a hit-and-run soon could become illegal in New Hampshire
- [LLODO] Fired Buffalo police officer who stopped fellow cop’s chokehold on Black suspect wins pension
- [LLODO] Missing Florida girl, 11, found at home of 22-year-old ‘boyfriend’; suspect facing child sex abuse charges
- [LLODO] Louisiana Coast Guard search: Crews yet to locate 12 missing after vessel capsizes as families hold out hope