This post was created by the Contributor in partnership with BestBlackFriday.com, which specializes in holiday season sales. The deals highlighted within this post were independently selected and do not contain affiliate links.
It may shun Black Friday itself, but thanks to huge discounts from the likes of Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart, deals on
Note: you can find my Black Friday 2018 guides for Walmart (here), Target (here) Amazon (here) and Best Buy (here)
Best Apple Black Friday Deals Last Year
Apple did not have an official Black Friday ad last year, but the Best Buy Black Friday ad, Target Black Friday ad, and Walmart Black Friday ad, featured many of Apple’s most popular products. Here are some of the most notable deals.
- Apple iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB for $274.99 (save $125) – review deal
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5-inch (save up to $150) – review deal
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch Display for $799.99 (save $200) – review deal
- Apple MacBook Pro (save up to $250) – review deal
- Save up to $200 off Apple iPhone 8 and Apple iPhone 8 Plus with Qualified Activation – review deal
- Free $250 Gift Card with Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus with Qualified Activation – review deal
- Free $300 Walmart Gift Card with purchase of Apple’s iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus – review deal
- Apple Watch Series 3 + $90 Kohl’s Cash for $329 (no discount) – review deal
What To Expect From Apple’s Black Friday 2018 Sales
Black Friday sales on Apple devices follow a predictable format every year so, having analysed recent years and spoken with industry insiders, I expect the following deals in 2018:
- Save $200 on the Apple iPhone XR with Qualified Activation
- Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR – Up to $300 Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3-inch Display for $674 (save $325)
- Apple MacBook 12-inch Display for $1,049 (save $250)
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-inch Display for $1,049 (save $250)
- Apple iPad 9.7-inch Display for $229 (save $100)
- Apple iPad Mini 4 for $239 (save $160)
- Apple Watch Series 4 with $30 Gift Card – $399.99 (no discount)
- Apple Watch Series 4 for $379.99 (save $20)
With the budget-friendly iPhone XR only launching a month before Black Friday, I expect demand for both it and the breakout Apple Watch Series 4 to be red hot. Historically Walmart has offered the best iPhone deals, but Target may well offer one of the few discounts available on the Watch Series 4.
Black Friday Ad Release – The Apple Store has not had an official Black Friday ad scan in years, and it is unlikely to release one in 2018. The good news is plenty of other retailers feature Apple deals in their ads, including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Sam’s Club, Costco and eBay. Most of those ads will come out during the first two weeks of November, so it should be apparent soon what the baseline prices will be for the most popular Apple electronics. Expect the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR to be featured in a lot of the major ads, with gift card deals being the highlight.
Sale Days and Times – The Apple Store will likely begin its one-day Black Friday event on November 23rd, but this will be a sale to skip. If it is anything like previous years, the sale will only offer gift cards when paying full price on older models. For actual Apple deals, stores like Best Buy and eBay will have sales starting the week of Thanksgiving, with the top discounts starting on Thursday. Some of the deals will be available throughout the weekend into Cyber Week. While not as popular as the major retailers, B&H Photo Video and Adorama always have great deals on Apple products during Black Friday so keep them shortlisted.
Free Shipping – The Apple Store offers free shipping on all orders, but most other stores will also have free shipping on Apple products. Target and Best Buy will probably offer free shipping on all orders throughout the entire 2018 holiday season. Amazon and Walmart are unlikely to waive their free shipping minimums, but every Apple device is expensive enough to qualify.
Apple Cyber Monday – Apple did not have a Cyber Monday sale of its own last year, but many other retailers carried Apple products. I expect a similar format for Cyber Monday 2018, with Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and B&H Photo featuring an assortment of iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, and Apple Watches. Most Cyber Monday ads and sale information will not come out until the week of Thanksgiving, but many of the Apple deals should be similar to Black Friday.
I am extensively tracking Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2018 deals and publishing the best offers daily, so be sure to bookmark my page, or hit the Follow button at the top of it for instant updates when I publish.
Follow Gordon on Twitter, Facebook and Google+
More Of My Black Friday Coverage On Forbes
Best Buy ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Smartphone, Console, HDTV Deals
Walmart ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected iPhone, Galaxy, PS4, Xbox, HDTV Deals
Target ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Apple, Google, Samsung Deals
Amazon ‘Black Friday’ 2018 Ad Preview: Expected Echo, Fire, Kindle, HDTV Deals
iPhone XS Vs iPhone XR: What’s The Difference?