In the shadow of its Mac and iPad announcements, Apple on Tuesday also released new colors for its urBeats3 earbuds, mainly matching them with some of the colors available for the iPhone XR.
The Lightning version of the headphones is now being sold in blue, yellow, and coral colors, as well as a “satin silver” (gray) shade. The 3.5mm urBeats is only being sold in all-black or black and red.
Apple typically underplays the urBeats line, preferring to steer people towards more expensive Beats products or AirPods. At $59.95 the product is Apple’s cheapest set of headphones short of EarPods, which come bundled with iPhones.
Some XR colors are still missing from the urBeats, namely white and red.
The XR shipped Oct. 26 starting at $749. The phone shares features in common with the iPhone XS like an edge-to-edge display, Face ID, and an A12 processor, but makes sacrifices such as switching OLED for LCD and dropping 3D touch. It could nevertheless become Apple’s bestselling 2018 iPhone since it’s far cheaper than the $999 XS.
- [LLODO] California high court upholds ending adult trials for 14- and 15-year-old offenders
- [LLODO] Capitol police officer’s family says riot ‘trauma’ prompted suicide; seeks ‘line of duty’ designation
- [LLODO] NYC schools chancellor resigns, citing COVID-19 personal toll
- [LLODO] CPAC speaker Marsha Blackburn: What to know about Tennessee senator
- [LLODO] US firepower in Syria strike is revealed as officials brace for Iran’s next move
- [LLODO] Colorado bill would grant child sexual assault victims unlimited time to sue abusers
- [LLODO] Army’s first female infantry officer says lowering fitness standards for women would put ‘mission at risk’
- [LLODO] Sentences reduced for some men convicted in 1993 WTC bombing
- [LLODO] Florida city where Trayvon Martin died seeks racial injustice reform days before his ninth death anniversary