TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)– health officials say it was only a matter of time before COVID-19 made its way to Terre Haute.
We told you health officials reported the 1st case yesterday and they say this is exactly why they’ve placed restrictions and health measures in place.
A spokesperson for the Health Department, Roni Elder, said they’ve been anticipating the arrival of COVID-19 for some time now.
She said the Joint Information Center or the JIC is on top of it.
she says health officials are monitoring the person’s conditions.
Elder said this is why the quarantining and social distancing are so important.
She reiterates you should keep washing your hands and to stay home if you’re sick.
Elder said you could have the virus and not even know.
“I know that some people weren’t taking it seriously and now that it is in our community, and you don’t know where this person has been or if someone is a case and doesn’t know it and they’re at the grocery store with you just use the things that we’ve been telling you so that you can stay safe,” said Elder.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso