UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the continued spread in the United States and in Wisconsin, the Sawyer County Public Health Officer has issued a Travel Advisory Order.
UPDATE (Ashland County now included): Ashland County Public Health officials have issued a Travel Advisory Order, in effect until further notice, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the county website, healthcare infrastructure is very limited and Ashland Co. has a very high proportion of vulnerable residents.
To keep these members of the community healthy and safe, Ashland County Public Health is recommending to stay in your permanent home.
If you have already traveled to Ashland County, officials say you must self-quarantine for fourteen days in order to stop potential community spread.
BAYFIELD COUNTY, WI– Bayfield County Public Health Officials Sunday have deemed that a Public Health Emergency exists in Bayfield County.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the national spread of the COVID-19 virus, Bayfield County Government has issued an inter-county Travel Advisory.
Bayfield County is recommending that people stay in their home area if they have seasonal or second homes in Bayfield County, due to limited healthcare infrastructure in the area.
The county says if you are already back in Bayfield County, you must immediately self-isolate for 14-days.
The isolation is due to the fact that Bayfield County has one of the highest populations of older adults in the State of Wisconsin and they want to make sure everyone stays healthy.
On March 19, 2020, the Bayfield County Board of Supervisors declared a countywide COVID-19 Emergency Declaration.
The county says additional health and travel restrictions may be imposed during this time.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso