(BIVN) – The Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense issued an update concerning the global COVID-19 virus outbreak on Tuesday morning, saying that the Hawaiʻi Department of Health “confirms that laboratory results of a person that was under investigation on Hawaii Island are negative.”
The Hawaiʻi Tribune-Herald reported that the person had been in isolation at Hilo Medical Center.
Officials say there are no cases of coronavirus in the State of Hawaiʻi, and the health department has no health advisories for the State of Hawaiʻi at this time.
On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported 60 cases of COVID-19 from 12 states. “Twenty-two of these cases are travel-related; 11 are believed to be person-to-person spread; and for the remaining 27 the source of exposure is still under investigation,” CDC reported.
The 12 states that have reported cases include: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Officials say the following National travel policies are in effect:
- The Department of State “Do Not Travel” advisories for China and Iran remain in effect, “Reconsider Travel” advisories are issued for Italy, Mongolia, and South Korea, and “Exercise Increased Caution Travel” advisories continue for Hong Kong, Japan, and Macau.
- In addition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend you not travel to China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea.
- For your information, as the coronavirus conditions change rapidly, you should verify Department of State and CDC travel and health advisories for where you are going before finalizing your travel plans.
Officials are reminding the public:
- Good hygiene practices are the best prevention measures for coronavirus.
- Remember to practice cough and sneeze etiquette by maintaining distance and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Washing your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water is also a good practice to follow.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso