MADISON (WKOW) — A doctor with SSM Health has tested positive for COVID-19, the health care company announced Friday.
The physician was asymptomatic during their last encounter with patients, according to an SSM news release.
As soon as symptoms developed, the doctor reached out to alert officials, self-quarantined and was tested.
The situation with COVID-19 is evolving rapidly and SSM Health is learning new information daily about how the virus spreads. Community spread exists in the Madison and Dane County area.
SSM Health is currently following CDC guidelines and working with Public Health Madison & Dane County to identify and contact all staff and patients who may have had close contact with this provider.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso