SAGINAW, MI – If you have a doctor’s written order to get tested for COVID-19, you can now pull up to Great Lakes Bay Health Centers in Saginaw and get tested from the comfort and safety of your car.
The health center now has a testing center set up in its parking lot at the David R. Gamez Community Health Center, located at 501 Lapeer Road in downtown Saginaw.
Tests are available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, or until supplies run out for the day, according to a Facebook post announcing the drive-thru tests. The location currently has a testing capacity of 170 and hopes to get more tests by the end of the week, said Paula Peters, who is managing the testing site.
Test results will take about one week, according to materials provided by Great Lakes Bay. Patients will be able to get their results from the doctor that ordered their test. Those tested are encouraged to behave as if they are positive while waiting for results.
The health centers recommend calling your healthcare provider before coming in for testing, according to its Facebook page. In order to get a test, patients must bring a paper order from a doctor or healthcare provider for the testing with a Quest Diagnostics lab number on it, as well as a paper from their doctor with their name, date of birth, phone number, insurance and address on it.
As of Tuesday, March 24, there are eight confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Saginaw County and two in Bay County. In Saginaw County, 37 individuals have tested negative and 69 more tests are pending results.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso