SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. A patient at Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff is being tested for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and has been placed under Person Under Investigation (PUI) status per the CDC guidelines and the Nebraska State Epidemiologist’s recommendation.
Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff (Source: KNEP)
Regional West is handling this case in the same way they manage other diseases that require airborne precautions and monitoring.
“We continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines and are working closely with the State Epidemiologist and their team of experts as we wait for the test results. We are exercising the utmost caution and have appropriately isolated the patient in the hospital as we continue to provide care for the other patients in the medical center,” said Regional West Chief Medical Officer Matthew Bruner, MD, FACOG. “Anyone in the western Nebraska region who has potentially been exposed to COVID-19 and experiences flu-like symptoms should call Regional West Community Health or Regional West Emergency Department at 308-635-3711.”
Regional West Medical Center is operating under normal conditions and focused on providing patient care as we await the results of the test. Test results are considered protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and will not be provided to protect the patient’s privacy. For the latest information, visit the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services website at http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso