EAU CLAIRE, Wis (WEAU)– Latest Updates from Mayo Clinic Health System
• To protect our patients and staff, hospitalized patients will no longer be permitted to have visitors. Compassionate exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis, including births and end-of-life care, among other specific circumstances. All visitors granted exceptions will be screened prior to entry; those who screen positive for respiratory illness will be prohibited from visiting. No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed. More information on Mayo Clinic Health System website.
• Effective Monday, we ask that patients no longer use the Family Health Clinic entrance. Patients are asked to enter the clinic through the main doors (east side) only. This allows more effective screening of all visitors and patients before entering our facility.
• Drive-Thru testing continues today. Daily hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Screening process is the same as all patients must be pre-screened by telephone ahead of time and then referred to the site if warranted.
• We continue to monitor closely overall community numbers with help from Public Health.
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso
- Gov. Tom Wolf relaxes regulations on medical professionals, health care workers, pharmacists – PennLive
- McLean County health officials report one new COVID-19 case Saturday – week.com
- ‘I’m deeply concerned’: Public health experts warn of coronavirus spread in more US cities – Yahoo Finance
- Coronavirus May Add Billions to the Nation’s Health Care Bill – The New York Times
- Coronavirus Hits Spain’s Health Services Hard – The Wall Street Journal