Would you like to receive local news notifications on your desktop?
Posted: 3:13 PM, Mar 20, 2020
Updated: 2020-03-20 15:13:35-04
HARDIN COUNTY, KY (LEX 18) — The Lincoln Trail District Health Department has received information of a positive COVID-19 case in Hardin County. John Wright, Director of Public Relations for Hardin County Schools says that the case is in a student. Wright says the student exhibited no symptoms of COVID-19 before school was dismissed last Thursday, March 12, 2020. The school system is working closely with public health officials.
The Lincoln Trail District Health Department is conducting a contact investigation. They say the goal of this is to stop the transmission of COVID-19 and prevent future cases.
Officials say this is the first positive coronavirus case in Hardin County.
Below is the press release from the health department:
Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso