Several operating rooms will now be closed and some previously scheduled tests and procedures will be postponed.
PENNSYLVANIA, USA — Officials with Lehigh Valley Health Network announced today they are making some changes as the confirmed number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow.
LVHN is also postponing some previously scheduled tests and procedures.
Several operating rooms will now be closed.
Sites temporarily closing include:
• Fairgrounds Surgical Center
• Lehigh Valley Hospital–17th Street, operating room
• Lehigh Valley Health Network–Tilghman, operating room
• J.B. and Kathleen Reilly Children’s Surgery Center
• Coordinated Health, all operating rooms
All scheduled procedures at these sites will be reviewed. Critical procedures will be relocated to other locations within the health network. LVHN will begin contacting patients to discuss plans for their scheduled procedure.
RELATED: Business owner donates masks
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso