Several operating rooms will now be closed and some previously scheduled tests and procedures will be postponed.
PENNSYLVANIA, USA — Officials with Lehigh Valley Health Network announced today they are making some changes as the confirmed number of COVID-19 cases continues to grow.
LVHN is also postponing some previously scheduled tests and procedures.
Several operating rooms will now be closed.
Sites temporarily closing include:
• Fairgrounds Surgical Center
• Lehigh Valley Hospital–17th Street, operating room
• Lehigh Valley Health Network–Tilghman, operating room
• J.B. and Kathleen Reilly Children’s Surgery Center
• Coordinated Health, all operating rooms
All scheduled procedures at these sites will be reviewed. Critical procedures will be relocated to other locations within the health network. LVHN will begin contacting patients to discuss plans for their scheduled procedure.
RELATED: Business owner donates masks
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso
- Gov. Tom Wolf relaxes regulations on medical professionals, health care workers, pharmacists – PennLive
- McLean County health officials report one new COVID-19 case Saturday – week.com
- ‘I’m deeply concerned’: Public health experts warn of coronavirus spread in more US cities – Yahoo Finance
- Coronavirus May Add Billions to the Nation’s Health Care Bill – The New York Times
- Coronavirus Hits Spain’s Health Services Hard – The Wall Street Journal