SPRINGFIELD (WGEM) – The Illinois Department of Public Health announced Friday that there are 163 new cases of COVID-19 in Illinois.
Also included in the announcement was the death of a Cook County woman who was in her 70s.
According to health officials, there are three additional counties that have reported cases. This includes a case in Adams county, reported on Thursday, along with Christian and McLean counties.
As of Friday, IDPH reports a total of 585 cases in 25 counties in Illinois.
The age range of the cases is ages 3 to 99. The cases by county can be found on the IDPH website, and you can also find a list of local health departments that will have the most up-to-date information.
The State of Illinois is working to increase the number of testing being done. They are working with Illinois hospitals to have testing in their facilities.
The State is working with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Wal-Mart, and Walgreens to implement drive-thru testing sites in the hardest-hit areas of the state. These facilities will focus on senior citizens, first responders, and health care workers.
State officials are also looking at ways to re-open recently closed hospitals to help increase the bed capacity in Illinois to treat those who may contract the novel coronavirus.
For general questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email [email protected].
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso