BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – Butte County Public Health has received lab confirmation of the second case of COVID-19 in a Butte County resident.
Officials say this case is travel related. The individual is an adult and experiencing mild illness. They went for a COVID-19 test after being notified they were potentially exposed during recent travel out of the country.
Butte County Public Health says with the second confirmed case, “it is apparent we do have COVID-19 in Butte County. Now that we know the virus is in the community, a press release will not be sent out for every confirmed case. We will update the public health website with the number of confirmed cases on a regular basis.”
To view Butte County Public Health COVID-19 results, Click Here
The public is advised to continue to follow the shelter at home order issued by Governor Newsom and the California Public Health Officer. This includes canceling all non-essential activities and services and all social, professional or community-based gatherings. If you must leave your home to seek essential services such as gas, food, medical care or essential work, keep at least 6 feet of distance from others.
“In order to protect the health and wellbeing of all Butte County residents and to decrease impact on critical healthcare services, if you are sick with mild symptoms, please isolate at home” urges Dr. Andy Miller, Butte County Health Officer. “If you develop severe symptoms, call your medical provider immediately.”
Action News Now will share the latest updates as they become available. For continuing coronavirus coverage, Click Here
For notifications on the latest local updates related to coronavirus, download our app, Click here
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso
- Gov. Tom Wolf relaxes regulations on medical professionals, health care workers, pharmacists – PennLive
- McLean County health officials report one new COVID-19 case Saturday – week.com
- ‘I’m deeply concerned’: Public health experts warn of coronavirus spread in more US cities – Yahoo Finance
- Coronavirus May Add Billions to the Nation’s Health Care Bill – The New York Times
- Coronavirus Hits Spain’s Health Services Hard – The Wall Street Journal