ByMarch 20, 2020 6:45 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (CLARKSVILLENOW)- A Facebook post from a Clarksville mother stating her 6-year-old son, a student at East Montgomery Elementary School, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday.
The Montgomery County Health Department in conjunction with the Clarksville-Montgomery County School Officials investigated the case Friday morning. .
The mother in the public post said she took her son to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital for what she thought was a Cystic Fibrosis related issue.
A message from CCMCSS was sent to parents Friday evening that said as follows:
Late this afternoon, the Montgomery County Health Department announced it has received notification from the Tennessee Department of Health that they have a confirmed case of an individual who tested positive with COVID-19.
As part of its protocol, the County’s Disease Investigation Team made successful contact with the mother of the individual who tested positive. While interviewing the mother of the child, the Health Department learned that the child attends East Montgomery Elementary School and was present for a half-day on March 12, 2020.
Based on the conversation with the mother, the Montgomery County Health Department has resources available to those persons who have had contact with the child. The Health Department is working to ensure that all persons at risk of infection from this case are identified so they can be contacted.
Please understand that the School System can only provide information confirmed by the Health Department. In our previous communication with stakeholders today, we provided resources for parents based on the community concern over published reports of a COVID-19 case. All questions regarding communicable disease should be referred to the Montgomery County Health Department.”
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso