CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Over the past 24 hours several viewers have called the newsroom concerned about rumors circulating on social media that patients have been quarantined with the COVID-19 coronavirus — first at Christus Spohn Shoreline Hospital and then at Bay Area Hospital.
3News has remained in contact with Nueces County healthy officials checking with them daily on the status of coronavirus in our area. They say the rumors are just that — rumors.
While officials said there are a few people under observation, no one has tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus locally.
This is as of Tuesday at 5 p.m. 3News will continue to follow this story and will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso