Some of the most important facts involving coronavirus are knowing about real cases versus rumored ones. Here’s where you can find the real ones in Virignia.
NORFOLK, Va. —
Health officials in Loudon County said a man in his 40s tested positive for COVID-19. They believed he came into contact with the rector of Christ Church, Georgetown (Episcopal) in Washington who already tested positive for the virus.
Virginia Beach (2 cases)
The Virginia Department of Health said couple from Virginia Beach tested positive for coronavirus. Their cases were the first to appear in the Virginia Beach Health District.
The husband and wife were on a Nile River cruise which had cases of COVID-19 on it. The man, who is in his 60s, and the woman, who is in her 50s, got back to the U.S. from Egypt on March 5. They were tested at a hospital in Virginia Beach on March 8. Their results came back on March 10.
Fairfax (2 cases)
A woman tested positive for coronavirus after her husband developed COVID-19. The couple had been on a Nile River cruise in Egypt. The Virginia Department of Health said the couple appeared to have gotten it on that cruise.
A person tested positive after coming down with a fever, cough, and shortness of breath right after returning from overseas. The person was in his/her 60s.
The person in this case was in his/her 50s and went to get medical attention for fever and shortness of breath. At that point, the test for COVID-19 was done and the results were positive.
The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Virginia involved a Marine who returned to the U.S. after wrapping up official business overseas. The Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and the Virginia Department of Health said they were working together to follow health protocols.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso