On this website you can find information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that was first reported from Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019. Please visit this page for daily updates.
WHO is working closely with global experts, governments and partners to rapidly expand scientific knowledge on this new virus, to track the spread and virulence of the virus, and to provide advice to countries and individuals on measures to protect health
and prevent the spread of this outbreak.
- Most coronavirus cases are mild, complicating the response – The Washington Post
- Coronavirus may have much longer incubation period–which would mean quarantines have been too short – The Hill
- Coronavirus contagion fears in Silicon Valley – Vox.com
- Map: New coronavirus tool compares growth of virus to SARS, H1N1 and Ebola – The Mercury News
- Reporting on the Coronavirus: Spreading Truth, Not Panic – The New York Times
- Update: ‘A bit chaotic.’ Christening of new coronavirus and its disease name create confusion – Science Magazine
- Images of new coronavirus just released – Livescience.com
- How the Coronavirus Numbers Changed So Sharply – The New York Times
- How the coronavirus outbreak likely started with a bat – Vox.com