Health officials said the person tested positive Tuesday afternoon and is expected to be confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) in the coming days.
According to county officials, the patient is being treated at an unknown hospital in Contra Costa County and in critical condition.
The patient has had underlying health conditions that possibly lead to his current condition.
The patient had no known travel history and no known contact with someone with a confirmed case of the novel coronavirus.
Contra Costa Health Services is investigating to identify anyone who may have had close contact with the patient.
This is the fourth Covid-19 patient that’s been treated in Contra Costa County.
Three infected patients from the Diamond Princess cruise ship had been treated in Contra Costa County hospitals.
Two have since been cleared and released, while one is still being treated.
Stay with ABC7 News on this developing story.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
Copyright © 2020 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso