FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Broward Health is asking for the public’s help as it treats patients during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Broward Health Foundation has launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund and is seeking donations of N95 and surgical masks, face shields, gloves and isolation gowns.
“Our caregivers have a passion for caring, and now we’re asking the public to show their passion for caring for them,” said Bill Diggs, the foundation’s president. “During this global health crisis, we need our community to help us secure the medical supplies that caregivers need to safely care for patients suffering from COVID-19.”
The foundation has also requested iPads that could be used for isolated patients to communicate with friends and family.
The Broward County Medical Association is also looking for volunteers with medical degrees or related backgrounds to assist as more people are hospitalized.
“We’re looking for doctors, nurses, technicians, administrative assistants or other medical practitioners,” Dr. Warren Sturman said.
Broward County had 505 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in the latest update from the Florida Department of Health on Thursday night, second-most in the state.
Broward Health said monetary gifts can be made online at BrowardHealthFoundation.org, by phone at 954-712-3980 or by mail accompanied with the donation form available on the foundation’s website. The foundation is also accepting donations of personal protective equipment. For more information about in-kind gifts, call 954-712-3980 or email [email protected].
“Gifts of all sizes are welcome,” Diggs said, “and will make a tremendous difference as we unite to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Copyright 2020 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.
- Public health expert warns virus not going away – KSAT San Antonio
- Tesla asks employees to resume production at Fremont car plant despite coronavirus health orders – CNBC
- Major health groups and charities urge Trump to reverse World Health Organization funding decision – CNN
- Public health officials push back on May opening | TheHill – The Hill
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Some Public Health Officials Not Releasing Coronavirus Hospitalizations : Shots – Health News – NPR
- Covid-19 health-care crisis could drive new developments in robotics, editorial says – The Washington Post
- Lost Your Health Insurance During the COVID-19 Crisis? Here Are Your Options – The Motley Fool
- El Paso virus cases jump to 35 as health leaders warn of increased risk of ‘community spread’ – KVIA El Paso